Back Pain Treatment At Robb Chiropractic, SC
At Robb Chiropractic, many of our patients struggle with back pain, stiffness, muscle spasms, and a variety of other signs and symptoms disrupting their daily lives. Our Madison area chiropractor, Dr. Daniel Robb, is committed to helping his patients find relief without drugs so they are no longer held "back" by their acute or chronic pain.
Causes of Back Pain
A few of the most common back pain diagnoses we discover at our clinic using diagnostic imaging, physical tests, and personal history inventory include:
- Osteoarthritis: a "wear and tear" joint inflammation that leads to wearing down of cartilage within joints
- Muscle spasms and strains and spinal ligament sprains
- Disc herniation or disc bulge: acute or chronic strain can weaken a disc and cause it to bulge out of place or rupture
- Degenerative disc disease: "wear tear" disc degradation, which can also disrupt joint alignment and compress nerves
- Vertebral subluxation: minor misalignments with joints can activate pain receptors and trigger chronic inflammation
- Scoliosis: abnormal C- or S-shaped lateral curve in the spine that can alter joint mechanics, force distribution, or posture
Other common conditions, like sciatica or lumbar radiculopathy, may originate in the back and present with some back pain, but their primary symptoms involve the buttocks and leg.
Risk Factors for Back Pain
Estimates show that 8 out of 10 people will have back pain at least once. But since a prior history of back pain is a risk factor having it again, most of us will experience it more than once.
Why is back pain so common? Just consider the numerous and ubiquitous risk factors:
- Advancing age
- Poor ergonomics and body mechanics
- Physically demanding jobs
- Repetitive bending, lifting, and twisting
- Sitting for too long
- Weak core muscles and impaired core muscle activation
- Acute accidents such as auto accident injury, sports injury, or work injury
- Overuse injuries at work or in sports
- Psychological stress
What to Expect From Back Pain Treatment With Our Chiropractor
Dr. Robb doesn't hear your symptoms and then only see your symptoms—he sees the whole person dealing with the impact of back pain. This perspective plays an important role in the way he approaches back pain treatment.
Our services—like adjustments, supplements, and exercises—are implemented with the individual patient in mind. Dr. Robb's goal is to relieve back pain symptoms and target the underlying factors of your condition so results are longer lasting.
Interested in Back Pain Relief Without Drugs? Contact Robb Chiropractic in the madison area Now!
Call 608-222-7731 to schedule an appointment with our Monona chiropractor and get to the bottom of your troubling back pain!